Browse recordings: livestream.com/educon3
- Session Five: Sunday 12:30pm–2:00pm
- Room 208
- Alec Couros, Dean Shareski
- Affiliation: Unversity of Regina, Prairie South School Division
- Conversation Description:
Given that many teachers now have increased access to generous social networks and free digital resources, to what extent does this condition obligate teachers to share and connect their work, and the work of their students? While not often mandated by policy, what are the ethical considerations around the act of sharing as the pedagogical default?
This session will explore the idea of teaching and sharing beyond ones classroom walls. The facilitators will provide compelling reasons to embrace this pursuit and look at practical ways that we can move individuals, classrooms, and institutions toward a culture of sharing. Come with questions, concerns and pushback. We want to hear from you.
- Conversational Practice:
- We will lay out the conceptual framework, provide exemplary practice, unpack terms like openness, sharing, transparency, and facilitate the conversation toward co-creating and understanding the ethical obligations of teachers in the connected age.
No comments have been posted yet.