Browse recordings: livestream.com/educon10
- Session Five: Sunday 12:30pm–2:00pm
- Room 307
- Mary Beth Hertz, Ann Leaness
- Affiliation: Alliance for Progress Charter School, Martin Luther King High School
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
In this session, we will be presenting carefully chosen snippets from Nicolas Carr's "The Shallows" and other writings to present to the participants for discussion.
The discussion will be held in an interactive way. After each snippet is read, participants will be offered the choice of three places to stand in the room. One area will be for those who 'agree,' one for those who 'disagree' and one area for those who are 'indifferent.'
After participants choose their part of the room, they will be asked why they chose to stand where they did. The session facilitators will moderate a discussion between people in various parts of the room. Participants are invited to change their location if they change their mind during the discussion. The facilitators will give a limited time for discussion of each snippet to ensure that the dialogue remains fresh and engaging.
Snippets will be read and discussions will be facilitated until the session time has ended.
- Conversational Practice:
- This session is a 90 minute discussion between participants. The goal is for the conversation to stay focused, but to follow the natural flow of dialogue. Due to a lot of physical movement, we will not have a lot of backchannel, though Tweeting is encouraged!
No comments have been posted yet.