Browse recordings: livestream.com/educon3
- Session Three: Saturday 3:00pm–4:30pm
- Room 208
- Sylvia Martinez
- Affiliation: Generation YES
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
There is a lot of excitement in education about the potential of games to revolutionize school. Some of this is well founded, some is mere hype. This session will explore whats right and whats wrong with bringing games into the classroom and how educators can tell the difference.
Many educators are considering new models to revolutionize education. Games for learning is a huge topic with many facets. This session will provide an overview of games in education and point educators in the right direction to explore further on their own.
Id like to try to figure out if we can get some smackdown like action in the session, with people doing some game analysis in real time. Im not sure exactly how to do this, since it usually takes time to really get games installed and play them to any point of understanding.
- Conversational Practice:
- Im thinking we could come up with some examples of game critique that would serve as a guide for others. Im not a big fan of rubrics, and I think games vary too widely to come up with one evaluation checklist but we should be able to come up with a list of things to look for.
No comments have been posted yet.