Browse recordings: livestream.com/educon8
- Session Five: Sunday 12:30pm–2:00pm
- Room 303
- Basil Kolani, Karen Blumberg
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
Every teacher in every school needs professional development, but not everyone has the resources available to make it happen. The good news is that you don't need massive resources to pull off great PD. This session will describe several ideas for delivering homegrown professional development within your school and collaborating with others.
New York City independent school technologists have long relied on regular informal meetings to discuss various topics, and that is increasingly being supplemented by mailing lists, Twitter feeds and chats, and an increasing number of self-run conferences, from EdCamps to TEDx events. The best part is that anyone with the time and a group of colleagues can pull this off. Two NYC independent school technologists will detail the changes in grassroots professional development over the last several years and highlight what's in store for the year ahead, and then open the discussion for everyone to share their ideas and experiences.
- Conversational Practice:
- We will share ideas that we have used during the last several years of our New York City technologist group's meetings, talk about other experiences we have had, and open the conversation to others in attendance to talk about their experiences with unstructured PD. A wiki will be created to facilitate attendee information sharing.
No comments have been posted yet.