Browse recordings: livestream.com/educon9
- Session Six: Sunday 2:30pm–4:00pm
- Room 304
- Rodd Lucier & Zoe Branigan-Pipe
- Affiliation: LDCSB & HWDSB
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
Classrooms can change as soon as 'tomorrow'. How they change, is as much a function of what takes place in the space, as it is reflective of the hardware, furniture, and space that makes up the classroom.
Discussion will take place on many levels:
1. The group will identify 'themes' that the group sees as critical in designing a classroom.
2. Teams will be developed.
3. Individuals will be assigned roles. (architect, CFO, public relations expert, corporate spy...)
4. Teams will design classrooms to meet the needs of primary; intermediate; or senior level classes; or subject disciplines.
5. Designs will be shared with the group and posted as 'pencasts'.
6. The Educon community will be invited to go online to choose their favourite 'classroom of tomorrow' design. prize.
- Conversational Practice:
- Teachers will be grouped to consider a range of emerging tools and strategies, and whether or not they should/would/can_afford to engage these in their group's 'classroom of tomorrow'.
No comments have been posted yet.