Browse recordings: livestream.com/educon10
- Session One: Saturday 10:00am–11:30am
- Room 307
- Tony Baldasaro
- Affiliation: The Virtual Learning Academy Charter School, Powerful Learning Practices
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- High School
- Conversation Description:
The Virtual Learning Academy Charter School (VLACS) in Exeter, NH has developed a program called, Personalized Pathways (P2). Through P2, the school has developed competencies for each of their courses and developed models for allowing students to explore and deepen their interests through such experiences while earning high school credit simultaneously. After a 20-30 presentation of the VLACS models, conversation with then turn on how these opportunities can be developed elsewhere and how more public schools can make these opportunities available for their students.
- Conversational Practice:
- I'm most interested in building a network of educators who are developing such learning opportunities, either in a virtual school such as VLACS, in a traditional brick and mortar school, or anything in between. I'm looking to develop an online resource (wiki?) for the group. The conversation at Educon would be shaped around cultivating that resource and developing that network.
No comments have been posted yet.