Browse recordings: livestream.com/educon5
- Session Four: Sunday 10:30am–12:00pm
- Room 211
- Eric Sheninger
- Affiliation: New Milford High School
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
Prior to March 2009, I was a Principal who blocked all social networking sites and banned devices such as iPods. I was convinced that these were distractions to the learning process. Today I fully embrace these tools in learning environments. Learn how I became educated on the value of various forms of educational technology and engage in a conversation on how we can empower other educators to be come agents of change. Together we will share our experiences and develop a list of practical strategies that can be used to convince decision makers of the value of educational technology. We will also formulate ways in which to initiate and sustain change.
- Conversational Practice:
- A conversation-based session beginning with my personal example of a dramatic shift in thought process and philosophy. Discussion in groups on specific areas where similar changes occurred (does not have to be technology oriented). Listing of strategies used to initiate and sustain the "change effort" using Google Docs. Access the Google Doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/115GS0xnM0ELjW2bMJL9PE8YJYhKe01TEBleDB2Ycors/edit?hl=en&authkey=COfjh-UF
No comments have been posted yet.