Browse recordings: livestream.com/educon11
- Session Three: Saturday 3:00pm–4:30pm
- Room 308
- Christopher Craft
- Affiliation: CrossRoads Middle School
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
There are frameworks of motivation that are much more robust than the intrinsic vs. extrinsic model put forth by many educators and authors (think Drive by Dan Pink). Hear about those frameworks and then let's talk frankly about some of the difficulties. What about students that don't seem to be motivated at all? How do we get those kids involved?
- Conversational Practice:
- Once the new frameworks have been introduced, participants will discuss in small groups how to leverage those frameworks towards project-based learning, inquiry-based learning, and their existing curriculum.