Browse recordings: livestream.com/educon5
- Session One: Saturday 10:00am–11:30am
- Room 211
- Caitlin Thompson, SLA students: Taylor Tomasco '11 & DaVonte Martin '11
- Affiliation: SLA
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- High School
- Conversation Description:
It is often challenging to design meaningful and engaging projects that serve to assess true understanding. Additionally, projects often take longer for teachers to design and for students to complete. In this session, SLA math teachers and students will reflect on implementing meaningful projects into the design of a high school math curriculum while simultaneously incorporating traditional assessments. The session will begin with an overview of successful projects that have been used at SLA, reflecting on both success and failures. The overview will be followed by a workshop on projects in the math classroom. Bring something that you are working on and we will group by subject to brainstorm ideas. We will share ideas on project implementation and grading.
- Conversational Practice:
- We will be collaboratively brainstorming and collecting ideas digitally. Feedback form http://tinyurl.com/5rfj86w
No comments have been posted yet.