Browse recordings: livestream.com/educon11
- Session Two: Saturday 1:00pm–2:30pm
- Room 308
- Michael Wacker, Chris Craft
- Affiliation: Denver Public Schools, CrossRoads Middle School
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
Can social media tools (e.g. blogs, wikis, Facebook, Ning, Edmodo, Twitter) serve as a connective adhesive for this form of learning? Can we measure the transfer of knowledge/skills learned online back into the classroom?
What do we need to take into account in online PD that will enable and support teachers in the classroom? Perhaps a write up of a lesson plan may help short term, but how can we design professional development that is meaningful and long-lasting?
- Conversational Practice:
- Success Analysis protocol tweaked a bit, as I would love to hear not only successful stories, but ideas around what folks think might work and what wouldn't work.