None registered yet
Browse recordings: livestream.com/educon5
- Session Six: Sunday 2:30pm–4:00pm
- Room 211
- Sara Platt, Ann-Bailey Lipsett
- Affiliation: Annandale Terrace Elementary School
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- Elementary School, All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
As kindergarten co-teachers in an inclusive Title I classroom we realize the importance of being on the same page with the needs of our students, without drawing attention to individual student needs. This year we purposely wanted to keep our student groupings open, allowing each teacher to successfully work with each child, addressing each child's strengths and needs appropriately.
In the past we used Google Docs to share documents but never to immediately share information to inform instruction. Setting up a Google Docs spread sheet as well as using the chat function allowed us to collaborate in real-time while working with students.
- Conversational Practice:
- It being the first year we are using Google Docs as a collaboration tool we are hoping to not only share what we have done but hear from others on what they have done and as a group build on our experiences. It is our hope there are other "experts" that would see this conversation and want to attend to share their expertise. As kindergarten teachers we always look for ways to make our lessons hands-on so we hope to create a Google Doc at the conversation where all members can share information and ideas on using Google Docs in the classroom.
No comments have been posted yet.