Browse recordings: livestream.com/educon8
- Session Two: Saturday 1:00pm–2:30pm
- Room 303
- Cal Armstrong
- Affiliation: Appleby College, University of Toronto/OISE
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- High School, Middle School
- Conversation Description:
Math teachers are often funneled into trying to find the best question, the most intriguing problem, the most realistic application, etc. However, where do they go from there? By ensuring that the conversation they are having with and between their students is rich and varied they can leverage each and every questions as much as possible. What tools do we use? What pedagogical approaches are appropriate? And what content will spur meaningful mathematical conversations?
- Conversational Practice:
- We will develop a GoogleDoc resource, entries for each TPCK (technology, pedagogy, content) artefact. Using the webconferencing component of Educon, we'll leverage the existing Math2.0 infrastructure to allow participation from outside the room, including but not limited to Twitter. (The entire document will also make reference to the Discussion option so that participants off-site and afterwards can engage in conversation.)
No comments have been posted yet.